The petition says that the best way to keep the pagan community safe from sexual abuse is to make sure all events and organisations have a code of conduct and a safeguarding policy. The petition is asking people to sign a pledge:
- Not to attend, or give talks or workshops at, large public events for adults unless they have a publicly available code of conduct with a means of enforcing it;
- Not to attend or give talks or workshops at large public events where children may be present unless they have a safeguarding policy and a means of enforcing it;
- To resign from membership in, or not to join, Pagan organisations that don't have a safeguarding policy or a code of conduct.
It also calls upon all Pagan organisations, groups, and event organisers:
- To develop a code of conduct and a safeguarding policy;
- To publish these on their websites;
- To enforce them at all public events they run.
The pledge has already gained more than 200 signatures. To add your signature, click on this link: https://www.change.org/p/the-pagan-community-code-of-conduct-for-all-pagan-events