- Continue to write my blog regularly
- Read at least one book relating to paganism, magic or folklore each month
- Learn a new skill that would be useful for a witch
- Following on from my earth meditation, write meditations for the elements of air, fire and water
- Grow some vegetables in my garden
- Do six country walks over the four seasons
- Visit somewhere with a reputation for being haunted
- Make sure my computer power supply is unplugged every night
- Give away four things each month on Freecycle
- Do a fire walk
I've certainly continued to write my blog regularly and I have read at least one book each month on paganism, folklore or magic. I learnt to use Powerpoint in order to give a talk about my blog at Secret Chiefs back in the spring. I suppose that is a skill useful for a witch, although when I wrote my list I was meaning something more like tea leaf reading.
I wrote guided meditations on all the elements, and posted them to A Bad Witch's Blog, but I didn't plant any vegetables in my garden.
I did several country walks, my favourite being around Alfriston. I visited Bunhill Cemetery, which is haunted, although that is a place I often go to sit anyway, so I'm not sure if that counts. Next year I will make an effort to specifically visit a haunted location to look for ghosts.
I did unplug my computer every night and although I have given away a few things on Freecycle - including an old computer modem, a pink lava lamp, a pair of wellies after I bought prettier ones and a very basic digital camera after I upgraded - I don't think I managed four things a month.
As to the fire walk, I was simply too much of a wimp. Maybe next year.
And talking of next year's list, here are 10 things I want to do in 2009:
- Improve my blog by adding extra features or pages
- Interview at least one well known pagan figure for A Bad Witch's Blog
- Learn tea leaf reading
- Visit six places in London that are associated with paganism, witchcraft or the occult and write about them
- Visit somewhere rumoured to be haunted and write about it
- Continue to read at least one book relating to paganism, magic or folklore each month
- Go through my bookshelves and get rid of at least a dozen books (even if I then replace them with others)
- Feng Shui my home
- Learn how to make something that could go on an altar
- Do a fire walk