But, I did manage to make a small start to my plans for 2014. I hung up the Witches' CalendarI was given as a Yule present and sat down to write my list of New Year Resolutions.
I normally make a list of at least 10 things I want to achieve or places I want to visit over the year, because I find that if I write a list of several things I have a good chance of succeeding in at least some of them. However, in 2013 I was so busy that I only managed to achieve a few of my resolutions. I hope to do better this year, and this is what I'm aiming for:
- Explore one of London's Magnificent Seven cemeteries that I haven't already visited.
- Visit the remains of the London Mithraeum and also see the items that were found there and are now in the Museum of London.
- Visit the Rollright Stones. I've never been to this magnificent stone circle complex even though I intended to go there last year.
- Go to the Day for Patricia Crowther in Nottingham on April 6.
- Visit the Viking Exhibition at the British Museum that runs from March to June.
- Build a Wickerman - having recently been sent very clear instructions on how to do so.
- Having been given a CD of Sandra Ingerman’s Shamanic Meditationsat Yule, I intend to listen to the guided journeys over the months ahead.
- Do a psychogeography walk.
- Go to an outdoor ritual for the summer solstice.
- This summer, I have a holiday in Scotland planned. While I am there I hope to visit at least three ancient pagan sites.