I'm not going to get preachy. I know there's no need as all of us know how to check updates in what's taken for recycling in our area. I'm sure we all also freecycle or donate stuff rather than chuck it out, and find ways of mending things rather than replacing them if possible.
What I thought I'd do instead is share a few witchy ideas for recycling that I've blogged about in the past. Here are links to some of the upcycled craft projects my fellow witch Jane Mortimer and I have attempted:
- Magical Charm Bracelet from Upcycled Paper
- Using Witchy Greeting Cards in Journals and Books of Shadows
- Ramekin Candleholders
- Upcycled Storage Boxes
- Useful Jars to Put Things In
- Rattle Upcycled From a Crisps Tube and Pumpkin Seeds
- Fabric Upcycled into a Drum Bag
- Staff from Beachcombed Flotsam
- Turning a Pen into a Wand
- Recycled Runes
- Recycling Candles
As it says on the Global Recycling Day website: "There is no doubt recycling is on the front line in the war to save the future of our planet and humanity."
So, please share your own examples of witchy recycling and help inspire others even more!
You can find out more about Recycling Day here: https://www.globalrecyclingday.com/