Personally, I like to make New Year's resolutions, but rather than just set a single intention, I make a list of at least 10 things I want to achieve over the year. I find that if I write a list of several things I have a good chance of succeeding in at least some of them. In 2018 I did 8 of the 10 things I hoped to do. I don't think I've ever scored 10 out of 10, but that's okay.
Here's my list of 10 New Year's resolutions for 2019:
- Create a candle labyrinth. This has been on my list for a few years, but I've not done it yet. Maybe 2019 will see it done.
- The big one for me has to be completing and passing my MA course in Literary London. The course is due to end this autumn and I'll be writing my dissertation over the summer. It would be great if that dissertation was good enough to publish as a book, but getting my MA is my number one resolution.
- Visit somewhere connected with paganism, magic or witchcraft in London that I've not yet blogged about.
- Visit at least one big pagan event in or near London - a festival or a large open ritual - and blog about it.
- Blog about at least one exhibition taking place in London that includes items relating to magic or witchcraft.
- Do a psychogeography walk in London and blog about it. I've done these in the past, but I want to get back into this way of exploring the city on foot.
- Blog about the Gods and Goddesses of London - at least one post a month. There seems to be a bit of a London theme this year, doesn't there?
- I would also like to write more guided visualisations and post them on my blog - at least one for every festival in the Wheel of the Year.
- I have a large collection of tarot and oracle decks, but when I'm doing readings for myself I tend to either use the most recent one I've bought or the traditional Rider-Waite-Smith deck. At least once a month I will pick a deck I've not used for a while and pick a card from it as a reading for the week or so ahead. You can see the Hare drawn from the Magic of Nature Oracle in the photo above - it means creativity and is a good card for the start of the year.
- Declutter my witch room. It really does need it.
The photo at the top shows a collection of items from my witch room including a fortune-telling cup, a card from the Magic of Nature Oracle Set, my charm bracelet, a stone with a hole, a candle, plants from my garden and various other bits and bobs.
Previous related posts