Each January I make a list of at least 10 resolutions for the year ahead. I find I have a greater chance of success than if I make just a single New Year resolution, and usually do more than half. In 2019 I succeeded in 8 out of 10. One out of 10 is my worst score so far, but I guess that's still better than zero.
Maybe I should have aimed to do more indoor things. My big achievements, although not on my list, were getting lots of writing done. I'm part of the Chaosium team working on creating a new Rivers of London roleplaying game, and I finished writing the chapter on London itself. I also finished writing Pagan Portals - Scrying for Moon Books, while Pagan Portals - Guided Visualisations was published just before Yule.
However, looking at my list of resolutions, here's the ones I didn't achieve:
- Continue the psychogeography walks in London based on the London Lore Tarot that I began last summer with Caroline Wise
- Visit all the Hawksmoor churches and blog about them
- Do a ley line walk
- Blog about the trees of London
- Walk a lost river in London
- Visit at least one ancient site outside London I haven't yet blogged about before
- Visit somewhere connected with the history of witchcraft that I haven't visited before
- Continue to declutter my witchy room
- Blog more about the Cabbala and pathworkings on the Tree of Life
October: Fallen Angel Oracle - Dantalion
November: Temperancefrom the Magical Nordic Tarot
I'll be making a list of resolutions for 2021 over the New Year holiday and posting them on my blog in a few days.
Previous related posts